5 Things You Should Know About April March
If I had to pick one singer to call my favorite, I couldn’t pick just one. But, what I can say, is that April March is definitely one of my top picks. The first time I heard an April March song (which is actually a Serge Gainsbourg song) was in high school when I saw the movie But I’m a Cheerleader. Even though I had no idea what she was saying, I have been a fan ever since. Here are five things about April March you should know:
1) She was once a principal animator for Ren and Stimpy
2) She performed the theme song for I Am Weasel
3) She worked as an animator on Pee Wee’s Playhouse
4) She worked on the movie Who’s That Girl
5) She was in the bands the Pussywillows and the Shitbirds (If you find any of these records you better buy them damn things or you’ll regret it forever)
I have been waiting for what seems like forever for Paris in April to come back into Streetlight. Now, finally, after waiting for hecka days, it is finally here. As soon as I saw it I bought the dang thing. Half of the album is in English the other half is in French.
Although Paris in April came out in 1995 it is very ’60s pop influenced—not in a cheesy, all the band members’ clothing matches and everyone is tilting their head to the side at the same time, kind of way, but in a cool, you just walked into this room and this girl’s voice made you forget where you were going, way. If you like Francoise Hardy or girl singers or just good music then Paris in April by April March is a must-have album.
So here’s the song I fell in love with: